Generate an API key for Google Maps
Split allows you to show a live version of your store's map on your website's contact page. For this purpose, you need to have a working Google Maps API Key. Here are the required steps to get one:
- Visit the API Console, at this link: https://code.google.com/apis/console
- Log into your gmail account. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one.
- Hit the Select a project list button, and the create a new project by clicking the + button in the top right corner.
- Write a Project name, agree with the terms and then hit Create.
- Hit the Enable API button.
- Enable it for your current project.
- After the api is enable, click the Create credentials button.
- Choose to create an API Key.
- Last window will be one which will show you the Google Maps API key that you can now copy and paste in the proper setting of your store's.