For your collection pages, Split lets you change the filtering options and style your product thumbnails.
To tweak the layout of your collection pages:
- Navigate to a collection page in the theme editor.
- Click the Sections tab.
- Click Collection page.
- If you want to display the filtering menu, then check Show filtering options.
- From the Filtering type list, choose whether you want the filtering to be done by tags (classic), or by groups (advanced, requires further tweaks).
Filtering by groups is an advanced method of filtering Shopify products and we've explained the process here: http://shopify-support.krownthemes.com/article/293-products-filter-by-group
- To tweak the product's design, click General Settings.
- From the Desktop animation style list, choose one thumbnail style.
It will only be in effect for desktops, where a mouse exists. For touch devices the design will always be the same, with the name of the product always visible (since there's no mouse to reveal the name while hovering).
- If you want to also show the second product image while hovering, then check Show second product image on hover.
- From the Product image aspect list, choose whether you want to product images to be cropped and always fill the left side, or to have a natural aspect, and be contained in the block.
Recommended images size
We recommend uploading images as large as possible (up to maximum 1920px width). Our theme does all the resizing in order to display the proper image for the proper resolution / bandwidth, so do not worry about size.
Square, or almost square images fit the best.
- Click Save.