For your product pages, Split lets you change the gallery style, tweak the image aspect ratio, enable various features such as zoom, related products and product sharing, or change the variant style.
To tweak the layout of your product pages:
- Navigate to a product page in the theme editor.
- Click the Sections tab.
- Click Product page.
- From the Gallery style list, choose whether you want your product's images to be displayed one below the other in a scrolling list, or show up as a slider.
The images will display within a slider for mobile devices anyway (under 1024px viewport width).
- From the Gallery image aspect list, choose whether you want to product images to be cropped and always fill the left side, or to have a natural aspect, and be contained in the block.
- If you want to enable image zoom, then check Enable image zoom.
- If you want to display the brand or vendor name, then check Show vendor.
- From the Variants style list, choose whether you want the product's variants to show up in a regular list, or as minimal boxes (great for color variants).
You need to use valid HTML color names for your variants, so please check this list.
- If you want to display the quantity selector, then check Show quantity selector.
- To use the Shopify Dynamic checkout button, please enable this option here. For more info about this feature, please see this article from Shopify documentation.
- You can also choose to Enable product sharing if you want your site visitors to be able to share your product page on social media.
- If you want to display a full width product gallery under the product slider and description section like in this example, please use the default Enable product gallery option.
- Under "theme settings" you can choose the cart type you prefer (either the popup Drawer or the regular cart Page).
- Click Save.
The gallery will be created automatically based on the images uploaded in your product's description. For more info, please also see this article from our theme documentation.
UPDATE - theme version 2.0:
- Now, the product slider also includes support for videos that will display in a lightbox like in this example. To add the video, please use the "Alt" option when you create/edit a particular product page in the Shopify dashboard - screen record.
- The old "related products" section is now supporting the Shopify "dynamic recommendations" and this can be also enabled from the product page settings - screenshot.
- Product footer section allows you to add extra content for the product page, just before the page regular footer.
- Promotional banner is a new option (also available for other pages) that allows you to add a popup banner with your own text like in this example (screenshot).