Starting with the customizer
Kingdom's customizer provides a lot of options in order to brand and customize your website after your own needs. In this article we'll explore what each option do, in order for you to get the best idea about how everything works.
Follow these steps to open the theme customizer (editor):
- Log into your Shopify dashboard.
- Click the Online Store link.
- From the theme view, hit the Customize theme button (top right corner).
- You will be brought to your homepage and you will see all static sections, along the homepage's sections.
- When trying to access inner page's sections, simply navigate from within the editor and you'll see the settings for other pages.
There are five static sections present on every page of your website. These are the announcement bar, the sidebar, the text columns with icons, the footer and the popup.
You can show an announcement bar with some important information right at the top of the site. You have some color options, the ability to add a link, and add a dismiss button to the bar (once a user dismisses the bar he will never see it on that device/browser).
The sidebar contains your store's logo, the menu and some buttons for the shopping cart and search functionality.
- Click the Sidebar tab from the theme editor.
- Upload your own logo in the Logo image field.
- In the Custom logo width, choose the desired width for the logo.
Make sure that you upload a larger logo than the total size (to make sure that it'll look sharp on retina devices). Ex: If you want a 100px logo, the logo image that you upload needs to have 200px and you will set 100 in the logo width field.
- If you don't want to use an image logo you can just click Remove and your store's name will appear instead.
- From the Primary & secondary navigation list, select the menus that you want to have in your header. The primary menu has an emphasized design and it should be used for the more important links, such as collections. Read this article on how to create menus.
- Lastly, you can choose to Show search in the sidebar or not.
Text columns with icons
The section allows you to add up to 4 columns of information with an icon attached.
- Click the Text columns with icons tab from the theme editor.
- Click the Add text with icon button to add your desired blocks. You can add up to 4 blocks in the footer.
- Use this section for important store information, such as shipping, returns. Or, use it to offer more information about your products, such as key features.
- You can choose to show this section only selected pages.
The footer also allows you to add up to 4 blocks of various information.
- Click the Footer tab from the theme editor.
- Click the Add content button to add your desired blocks.
Split features a complex popup which allows you to display a newsletter signup form or various promotions. Follow these steps to configure it:
- Click the Popup tab from the theme editor.
- From the Show popup option, choose how fast you want the popup to appear, after the visitor enters your website.
- From the Popup frequency list, choose how often you want the popup to be shown to your visitors.
- Write a Title and some Content.
- If you also want to show the newsletter form, then check Show newsletter.
- In the Image field, upload a 1240x400px image. This is also optional, so if you don't upload any image, you will just remain with the text side of the popup.
- Paste a link in the Image link field, if you want the image to link to a certain product or collection (useful for image promotions).