For your collection pages, Split lets you change the filtering options and style your product thumbnails.
To tweak the layout of your collection pages:
- Navigate to a collection page in the theme editor.
- Click the Sections tab.
- Click Collection page.
- If you wish to show collection image, make sure that you upload an image for each collection through the Shopify dashboard. Collections without featured images will not have an image header.
- If you want to display the sorting & filtering menu, then check Show filtering options or Show sorting options.
- From the Filtering type list, choose whether you want the filtering to be done by tags (classic), or by groups (advanced, requires further tweaks).
Filtering by groups is an advanced method of filtering Shopify products and we've explained the process here: http://shopify-support.krownthemes.com/article/293-products-filter-by-group
- Please select the number of products per page that you want to display (between 12 and 48).
To tweak the product's design, click Theme Settings. For details, read our previous article.
In our 3.4.0 theme version we've added a new option to showcase a "collection portfolio" as in this example from our demo site. The option can be activated from the collection settings in the Shopify backend - screenshot.
Note: Shopify will only load the published theme templates. If you have a different theme active, our theme collection page template will load only after you publish our theme from Actions > Publish (this also means that the collection template cannot be unfortunately tested before theme purchase).