Local theme image size recommendations
In our Local theme many sections have included height options and other images will display with the uploaded ratio. For this reason, there aren't specific image ratio recommendations for most of the images but please see here a few things to consider:
- In general there isn't an ideal product image size but it helps to have all the images with the same size. Depending on the aspect ratio of your product images you can also choose the corresponding option to crop (1:1, 2:3, 4:3, 5:6).
- For the slideshow section we've included 3 different height options that you can test with the image sizes that you have and also an extra option to upload a different image for mobile.
In version 1.3.0 we've added an "auto hight" option that will display the slider images as uploaded, with no cropping. If you are using this option, please upload landscape images for desktop and portrait images for mobile.
For the "cropped" options we recommend to use these ratios (please double the values for best quality on retina screens):
|width - desktop||height - desktop||width - mobile||height - mobile|
||1920px||small - 432px||750px||small - 320px|
||regular - 540px||regular - 400px|
|med. - 648px||med. - 480px|
|large - 864px||large - 1000px|
|no fullwidth||1280px||small - 432px||750px||small - 320px|
|med. - 540px||med. - 400px|
|regular -648px||regular - 648px|
|large - 864px||large - 864px|
- For the product grid you can have the images set to a certain size/ratio using the included options. Please edit this in the Theme settings > Product card > Media aspect ratio -https://share.getcloudapp.com/6quGZvOZ.
- In "Promotion cards" section and collection list section you can choose the media aspect ratio display for the images so there isn't a recommended image size.
- Product images (in product page and also in the collection page) and different sections with product grid will display the uploaded images aspect ratio. So you can upload any images you have (of course these needs to be compressed and optimised for web). For product page we've added in theme version 1.3.0 the option to fit images inside containers: https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5uyqon2.
- For other sections that have height options please test which one works better for your images.
- For the logo image we recommend to upload a double image than the size you set in the theme customizer header settings (to make sure that it'll look sharp on retina devices).